This is an old revision of the document!
1. Log in above with the user name and password provided.
2. To edit an existing page, click on the page title in the left-side index.
3. When the page opens, click the pencil icon at the right.
4. The editing window opens, where you may edit the text. Use the icons in the Toolbar above the window for easy formatting - see Formatting with the Toolbar below.
5. Click Preview to review your changes, then click Save to finish. (Don't worry - earlier versions are preserved and may be accessed or restored by clicking the “clock” icon at right.)
6. To create a new page, click on Sitemap at upper right, find the page name sidebar in the list, and click to open it. Click the pencil icon to edit.
7. Scroll down to where you want the new page to appear and add it using the same format as the preceding entries. In the example here, “pagename” refers to a shorthand name to be used in the URL, and “Page Title” refers to the actual title of the page you are creating.
* [[pagename|Page Title]]
8. Save the sidebar page, go to the left-side index and click on the new page's link, which will appear in red.
9. A new window opens with the notice “Page does not exist.” Click the pencil icon at right to create the page, and type the Page Title using 5 equal signs on either side as shown.
===== Title =====
Within the edit window, the toolbar helps users formatting their texts without remembering the syntax.
The toolbar buttons work pretty much like the formatting buttons in your favorite word processor. Select a word or phrase and press a button to format the selection. If you click without a selection, a sample text is inserted at the cursor.
Most buttons have shortcuts assigned to them based on the access keys of your browser, usually the accesskeys are: ALT + <Key> or ALT + Shift + <Key> on Windows and CTRL + ⌥ Opt + <Key> on Mac, please refer to the access keys for more details.
Button Key Function
b Bold formatting i Italic formatting u Underlined formatting c Code formatting d Strike-through formatting 8 Same level headline 9 Lower headline 0 Higher headline Select headline 1 Level 1 headline (via 'Select headline' button) 2 Level 2 headline (via 'Select headline' button) 3 Level 3 headline (via 'Select headline' button) 4 Level 4 headline (via 'Select headline' button) 5 Level 5 headline (via 'Select headline' button) l Internal link formatting (launches the Link Wizard) External link formatting - Ordered list item . Unordered list item Horizontal rule Media Selection, includes file/attachment uploader Smiley picker Character picker y Signature (only when logged in)